CONTINUATION OF: Genesis chapter 37& 38
11. Joseph seeks the welfare of his brothers (37:14); Jesus came not to condemn but that the world might be saved through Him. (John 3:17)
12. Joseph seeks his brothers until he finds them; Jesus seeks us until He finds us. And this at the initiative of the f(F)ather. 13. Joseph was conspired against (37:18); Jesus was also conspired against. (Mat. 12:14)
14. Joseph’s brothers did not believe his dreams (37:19, 29); Jesus’ brethren did not believe His words. (Mat. 27:39-43; John 3:18, 36)
15. Joseph was stripped of his coat (37:23); Jesus was stripped of His coat. (Mat. 27:27, 28; John 19:23)
16. Joseph was cast into a pit (37:24); Jesus was thrown into a grave.
17. Joseph was taken out of the pit, alive in his body (37:28); Jesus was bodily-resurrected from the tomb (pit).
18. Joseph’s brothers mingled hypocrisy with their hatred (37:27); the Jews did the same with Jesus (Mat. 27:35, 36; John 18:28, 31)
19. Joseph is sold for the price of a slave(37:38); Jesus was sold for thirty pieces of silver (the price of a slave).
20. Judah suggested the idea of selling his brother (37:26-28); the Greek name for Judah is Judas (Mat. 1:2-3).
21. Joseph’s blood sprinkled coat (goat blood) is presented to his father (37:31); Jesus is our scapegoat and His blood