CONTINUATION: GENESIS 39
22. Joseph becomes a servant (39:1); Jesus became a servant (Philippians 2:6, 7)
23. Joseph was a prosperous servant (39:2, 3); Jesus was also a prosperous Servant (Isaiah 52:13; 53:10)
24. Joseph’s master was well pleased with him (39:4); the Father was always pleased with what Jesus did (John 8:29).
25. Joseph, the servant, was made a blessing to others (39:5); Jesus was a blessing to the world.
26. Joseph was a goodly person (39:6); Jesus came as a servant into the world and yet lived a goodly (perfect) life.
27. Joseph was sorely tempted and did not sin(39:7-12); Jesus was tempted and did not sin (Mat. 4:1-11; Heb. 2:18; 4:15) 28. Joseph was falsely accused (39:16-18); Jesus was falsely accused (Mat. 16:59, 60).
29. Joseph attempted no defence (39:19); Jesus gave no defence at His trials (Isaiah 53:7).
30. Joseph was cast into prison, though he was innocent (39:20); Jesus is sentenced to death though Pilate found no fault in Him (John 19:4, 6).
31. Joseph thus suffered at the hands of the Gentiles (first by his brethren then by the Gentiles; Jesus was sold by His brethren then suffered at the hands of the Romans (Gentiles.
32. Joseph, the innocent one, suffered severely (Psalm 105:17, 18); Jesus suffered by crucifixion.
33. Joseph won the respect of his jailor (39:21); Jesus won the respect of a Roman centurion standing at the cross (Luke 23:47).