CONTINUATION: GENESIS 41
44. Joseph is exalted, and set over all Egypt (41:39-40); as God highly exalted Jesus (1 Peter 3:22; Philippians 2:5-11).
45. Joseph was seated on the throne of another; as Jesus shares the Throne with the Father. “Today our Lord Jesus Christ shares the throne with the Father as Joseph shared the throne of Pharaoh. As Joseph ruled over Pharaoh’s house with his word, so today our Lord Jesus Christ rules over Father as Joseph shared the throne of Pharaoh. As Joseph ruled over Pharaoh’s house with his word, so today our Lord Jesus Christ rules over the Father’s household, the household of faith, the Church, by and through His Word.
46. Joseph was exalted to the throne because of his personal worth; as Jesus was highly exalted for His personal worth (Philippians 2:6-9).
47. Joseph was invested with such insignia as became his new position (41:42); as was our Lord Jesus Christ (Acts 5:31; Hebrews 2:9; Revelation 1:13).
48. Joseph’s authority and glory were publicly owned (41:43); as Peter publicly declared the Lordship of Jesus Christ on Pentecost (Acts 2:36; Philippians 2:10)