We need dream interpreters to make the land profitable.
V1 So Jacob settled again in the land of Canaan, where his father had lived as a foreigner.
V2 This is the account of Jacob and his family. When Joseph was seventeen years old, he often tended his father’s flocks. He worked for his half-brothers, the sons of his father’s wives Bilhah and Zilpah. But Joseph reported to his father some of the bad things his brothers were doing.
Jacob got back the land of his forefathers, and he settled there with his family. The writer continues the history of Jacob and his family which we get a glimpse of in Genesis 35. The central figure in Jacob’s family history is Joseph his 11th son. It’s interesting that Joseph is mentioned first in the family history, not Reuben.
In order for the land to be profitable, they needed dreamers and dream interpreters. Joseph was a dreamer and an interpreter of dreams. His gift was supposed to help Jacob’s family to prosper in the land God had given them. Yet we see him using his gift later in his life to prosper Pharaoh. On the other side his brothers were captured and corrupt, they always gave Jacob an exaggerated balance sheet, but Joseph refused to take part in that scheme. He was therefore hated for his integrity and uprightness.
Dreamers and dream interpreters consider the following:
· How many dream interpreters and dreamers have we persecuted?
· Dreamers and dream interpreters should never be stripped off their coats of authority and position.
· Those who are supposed to help us are languishing in pits; no one can hear what they are saying. If we continue to keep our dream interpreters in cisterns we lose a lot of inventions.
· If we sell or dreamers, others will benefit from their gift and we will not
· Africa is desolate because we said here is the dreamer, let’s kill him and see what will became of his dreams
· We sold Kwame Nkuruma to the FBI. Killed Patrice Lumumba and Thomas Sankara. We frustrated Julius Nyere and rejected the Wisdom of Thabo Mbeki. Even though famine was bound to come the devastation we see was caused by a lack of dreamers and dream interpreters in our continent.
· Africa is dominated by visionless leaders like Jacob Zuma, Robert Mugabe, Mubuto Seseko, Idi Amini and many others like them.
“When Jacob heard that grain was available in Egypt, he said to his sons, “Why are you standing around looking at one another? I have heard there is grain in Egypt. Go down there, and buy enough grain to keep us alive. Otherwise we’ll die.”
Genesis 42:1-2 NLT
Jacob is the one who received the information that grain was available in Egypt. The reason his sons were standing around looking at each other hopelessly, was because there were no dreamers or dream interpreters in their land.
Remember this, drought was everywhere, if Joseph was still with them, he could have helped them with the gift of interpretation he used to save Pharaoh and the Egyptians. Jacob was not lazy to empower and keep himself informed, he googled places where they could buy grain. Age is not always a bad factor, Jacob was over 105 years old but still agile and informed, and he knew where to get foreign investments for his people.
I will be dealing with dream interpreters in the next session
#Session20 #BuyTheFuture #Dreamers #DreamInterpreters #PhaladiLeadership #ShareTheMessage #LetsEngage