Although the bible is made up of many different books written over a long period of time by great variety of writers who [most of them] did not know one another, it has organic unity that can be explained from the view-point of God’s inspiration. The writers were inspired by the Holy Spirit to give God’s message to man.
The message of the entire bible is one: Christ – The redemption of man.
– Old Testament Message: The origin of sin and the preparation God has made for the solution of the problem through his Son, Christ, the Messiah.
– New Testament Message: It describes the fulfilment of God’s redemption plan.
A. The Four Gospels: The coming of Messiah and his earthy ministry.
B. Acts of the Apostles: The works of the Holy spirit through the Apostles; and the origin and growth of the Church (the redeemed of God).
C. The Epistles: The meaning and implication of incarnation.
Epistles address questions such as:
– Who believers are in Christ (identity),
– What they have in Christ (possession),
– Where they are in Christ (position),
– And how they should conduct themselves (character).